Binbrook Group of Parishes
The Parish Church
St. Mary & St. Peter
The village of Ludford is really the two villages of Ludford Magna and Ludford Parva, and straddles the Louth to Market Rasen Road at roughly the mid-point.
The Church of St. Mary and St. Peter Ludford Magna and Parva was consecrated in 1864. It was designed by James Fowler the Louth architect and was built after the union of the two parishes.
During and just after the second world war, RAF Ludford was the base for 101 Bomber Squadron. The squadron suffered the highest number of casualties of any squadron during those hostilities. A 101 Squadron Reunion is held at the church on the first Sunday in September each year. Inside the church the Squadron Association Standard and the old 101 Squadron Standard are laid up. The 101 Squadron Roll of Honour is also housed in the church.
Here are some pictures of a 101 Squadron Reunion
The church is large and roomy with interesting carvings on the pulpit and reredos.
Check Magazine Page for this month's service times
For enquiries please e-mail the Rector Father Trevor Walker