Binbrook Group of Parishes
The Parish Church
St. Faith Kelstern
The church stands on the site of a deserted medieval village, the earthworks of which are still visible.
The church of St. Faith has an ancient foundation with a much restored perpendicular tower and arch to the nave. The whole building was restored in 1886 - 1887 by the Louth architect James Fowler.
The church is very well furnished and the bench ends are of interest including amongst other decorations a fox and two hounds. The organ built by Flight dates from 1830. There are fragments of 14th. century glass in the windows. Three other stained windows were designed by Sir Ninian Comper and date from 1954 - 1958. They were given in memory of members of the Sleight family, Lords of the manor of Kelstern.
There is a standing monument in alabaster to Elizabeth South 1604 wife of Sir Francis South and another to Dame Ann South his second wife.
The three bells were given by Sir Francis South in 1607.
Check Magazine Page for this month's service times
For enquiries please e-mail the Rector Father Trevor Walker