Binbrook Group of Parishes
The Parish Church
St. Mary & St. Gabriel
The wolds village of Binbrook until the present century was in fact a small market town. The greater population of former years was served by Binbrook being two parishes each with its own church and those chuches only being a couple of hundred yards apart.
By the 1840's the church of St. Gabriel was only a ruin and that of St. Mary was in rather a poor state. The two parishes were amalgamated and a new church with a joint dedication of St. Mary & St. Gabriel was built on the St. Mary's site. This church was designed by James Fowler and was consecrated in 1869.
It is a fine building with the local title "Cathedral of the Wolds". The Church can seat about 400 and has three bells.
The parish enjoyed a close relationship for fifty years with RAF Binbrook. The station closed in 1989 and a window dedicated to the close relationship between parish and the RAF was given in that year. It is an interesting stained glass window designed and made by the Lincoln artist Glenn Carter.
The church contains other memorials to the RAF and
several military graves can be seen in the churchyard.
Sundays 10.am. Parish Mass.
Thursdays 10.15.am. Low Mass
Weekdays as per notice in the porch.